Epic Cash Forum

Mainnet Launch August 1

When can I start mining for real?

July 4th at 12:00 PM PST, the network will launch to coincide with the beginning of the Transpac 2019 Yacht race.

From 500 Francs on May 3, 2019:

What is the max supply?

The maximum supply is 21 million, exactly as with Bitcoin. This supply is reached in 2140.

Epic supply and Bitcoin supply curves intersect on May 25, 2028, at 20.3 million coins. After this, they remain in sync forever, with inflation dropping by half every 4 years.

In 2029, Epic inflation is 0.9% and investors can expect a subsequent cumulative total dilution of only 6% over the following 112 years.

How is the initial price fixed?

The market sets the price. All Epic are created and subsequently sold on a playing field that is level for all participants. Without an ICO, and because the amount of capital required to ship is so low, there is no need for a structured sales process.

Epic Foundation revenues are directly paid out without conversion to another currency, further aligning the value of the currency unit to its market-generated price more tightly.

How can I obtain some Epic?

All Epic are mined into existence through proof of work. Mining is achieved on CPU, GPU, and ASIC.

More information will be coming through shortly on mine.epic.tech